[vdr] Re: OT: Choosing a multiswitch

ml@bartschnet.de(Rene Bartsch)  17.08.03 14:15

Once upon a time Rene Bartsch shaped the electrons to say...

>Am Son, 2003-08-17 um 08.23 schrieb Reinhard Nissl:
>> Hi,
>>

>> So my question is: does anyone have a 9/x multiswitch for a single
>> dish ASTRA/EutelSat system, and was it necessary to supply any
>> attenuation equipment to the inputs?

>As a 9/16 Multiswitch is quite expensive and requires extensive
>wiring, you might be interested in a Technisat Disicon 4.
>It's a LNB with integrated frequency-shifting solution.
>That means you only have one wire through the house on which
>all receivers are attached instead of 8 lines from the LNB
>to the multi-switch and 16 single wires, each for one receiver.
>You can even split lines if necessary.

The disadvantage:
You have only the "most" german Astra and only digital channels.
More are not possible because your single cable does not have enough bandwith.

Recently i saw at Conrad a
"Digitales Einkabelsystem" smart GP31-D 940351 EUR169,--
which seems to be similar to disicon but works with any LNB...
http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/925000-949999/940351-an-01-de-digitales_einkabelsystem_gp31d.pdf
http://www.wela-electronic.de/ (="smart")
http://www.wela-electronic.de/d_product.php?parent=49&sub=yes&idcat=49
http://www.wela-electronic.de/datenblatt/gp31d.pdf

(Technisat solution costs only 150EUR and "includes" the LNB!)

The base GP31-D device supports only german TV-radio channels
on 22 Transponders
(65,67,68,71,73,75,77,79,81,83,85,87,89,104,106,108,110,112,114,116,118,120)
and a few non-german but works with any receiver!
It uses only the hi-Band (so no TDSL is possible)

The GP31-D can be extended to convert further transponders.

Another device seems to be Schwaiger EKF1100, but they
are talking only about 2 receivers...that's not what we want ;-)

>It may require patching VDR slightly as it seems to use own LOF for
>each attached receiver

?? i thought they where mixing the digital signals into lower
bands.

AFAIK a Disicon can feed any(!) amount of receivers.
You just need additional amplifiers.
If each receiver has it's own LFO the max. number of receivers
would be limited, or?

>which would mean to extend the diseqc-function
>of VDR to enter a unique LOF for each tuner-frontend.

>As nobody on the list - including me - has Disicon 4, you'd have the
>risk to be the first one using it - Just check www.technisat.com to
>get more information. the drawback of the Disicon will be you can't
>receive analogue channels.

If i built a new house in would not use such single cable solutions.
Those single cable solution are good for old houses.