[vdr] Re: Vdr2divx problem due to mencoder/mplayer

Hi Seppo,
OK this is known to work someway, but since i use a quite old version
of the mplayer/mencoder i can only tell frome the tales:

it is reported to work if you increase the mplayer/mencoder -cache
option to 8 or 32 megabytes, atleast all the newer convert tools/scripts
(vdrsync.pl,vdrconvert.sh) do use a big cache, and they also
use mencoder to work with the files, but they are mostly used/developed
by german folks, thus if your particular mtv3 recording fails,
it might be a problem from the skandinavian / dvb-t corner.

hope this helps a little,
regards Onno

Seppo Ingalsuo schrieb:

Hi,

My recent vdr recordings (edited by 1.2.x, Finnish DVB-T, e.g. MTV3 channel) fail to play with mplayer or fail be processed by mencoder this way:

Playing /opt/vdr/%Operaatio__Kuu/2003-08-05.23:08.50.50.rec/001.vdr
Falling back on trying to parse playlist /opt/vdr/%Operaatio__Kuu/2003-08-05.23:08.50.50.rec/001.vdr...

I have tried a couple of recent mplayer CVS versions. I believe the same problem was reported earlier here

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-April/032272.html

but I couldn't find any replies. I wonder if other vdr2divx users have noticed this problem? Is there way to force mencoder/mplayer to try harder to find correct demuxer and decoders for input data?

BR,
Seppo