[vdr] Re: Filesystem pros & cons

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 12:38, Guido Fiala wrote:

> On the first thought i would say - keep any directories separated which are
> (in)frequently written - as there are: /tmp /var /home /video /boot ?
> the rest /
> and for my recent disaster maybe keep even /etc separate ??

In theory /tmp /var /home (and /video if using VDR) are the only
partitions that need to mounted as read-write.  / /usr could be mounted
as read-only and /boot doesn't need to mounted at all.  Ofcourse you
would have to remount them if you wished to do any maintenance with
them, etc.

all the best,
Richard...