[vdr] Re: sound clicks and "block artefacts" with Nova-CI

vdr@vierengel.de(Andreas Vierengel)  24.08.03 20:29

Once upon a time Andreas Vierengel shaped the electrons to say...

>The problem seems not related to my nova card.
>I found out that always the first video-device on the pci-bus is
>working, and the second shows the problems.
>So it could be some kind of pci-problem.

When swapping cards it's always a good idea to let the
BIOS know that you swapped the card.
That means:

power down
remove the card
power up without cards (BIOS is sufficient)
power down
insert the new card set.
power up

I don't know why but i had the same problems on my MSI
when i avoid the boot without cards.
I assume that the BIOS does not reinitialize the cards
because it thinks that this are the still same cards...

Too i had a nova that was still delivering artefacts:
I returned it to the vendor and got the money back.

Rainer