[vdr] R: Re: Filesystem pros & cons

> > A good journaled filesystem keep disk transition atomic, i.e. less
> > file corruptions.
>
> I have more problems because of journaling.
>
> Burn from a reiserfs partition and delete a bigger file (>400MB).
> Eh voila hard lockup.

Ok this seems a ReiserFs problem, and nobody is perfect! ;)
But when reboot the 400 Mb file should be restored or deleted. With a non
journaled fs, namely fat32, after scandisk I once found a partially deleted
file that I cannot delete or restore anymore.

BTW I'm using reiserfs on several computers since 3 years and I never
experience hangs up (excluding the bug on 2.6.0-test3).

Bye Uberto