[vdr] Re: Problems with exit-states (VDR-1.2.2)

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on a VDR init-script for Mandrake.
> I'm catching exit state 0, 1 and 2 in the init-script.
>
> When I run vdr with plugins a restart has an exit-state of 0 instead of
> 1. Without plugins exit state is 1.
>
> Could this be a bug in VDR (using 1.2.2)?
>
> I'm starting with the following command-line:
>
> ------------------- snip ----------------------
>
> PROGSTART=$(date +%s) && su -c "$PROG_CMD_EXEC" $VDRUSER
> echo $? > /dev/tty1
>
> ------------------- snap ----------------------
>
> PROGCMD contains the command-line options for VDR and PLUGINS.

Are you sure the actual exit goes through the lines

  if (cThread::EmergencyExit()) {
     esyslog("emergency exit!");
     return 1;
     }
  return 0;

in vdr.c in both cases?
I don't see why the presence of a plugin should change the return value
in case of an exit.

Klaus