[vdr] Re: Exit state handling in runvdr

Am Dienstag, 26. August 2003 23:22 schrieb Rene Bartsch:
> Am Die, 2003-08-26 um 18.54 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> > > Hmmm. From your own definition, the current would be the correct.
> > > Any exitcode other than that three I would suspect to be a bug.
> > > Otherwise the one you mention is correct too and the recover from
> > > an error is safer.
> >
> > If VDR exits in any "normal" way, it will return one of the exit
> > states 1, 2 or 3, respectively. What I was worried about was if it
> > exists for some unexpected reason, like a segfault, for instance.
>
> It seems I've lost the plot.
>
> If I understand well, VDR exits with 0 at normal shutdown, 1 when it
> has to be restarted, and 2 when a config-file is broken (but you told
> broken config-files will be ignored now ...).

1, 2 and 3 was a typo of Klaus I guess. 0,1 and 2 remainig valid. What
Klaus have changed is, that he does not prove on exitcode 1 for restart
but 0 and 2 for exit and all other for restart. If vdr can't start
(i.e. missing plugin) exitcode 2 will be issued.

> Please, enlighten the world of exit-codes as I want to finish my
> init-script ...

Over here i can't reproduce the problem.

Steffen