[vdr] Re: VDR / EPIA M10000 MPEG

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Rene Bartsch wrote:

>Am Die, 2003-08-26 um 08.52 schrieb Barbini Uberto:
>

>> > my personal favorite way is to get a fully vdr (DVB stream via
>> > streamdev) without any extension (PCI) Card. Very small and very flat
>>
>> I'd prefear a motherboard with dvb integrated, very small, flat, near the
>> tv.
>>

>We'd all do, but I don't think anyone will produce a single mainboard
>with dvb-chipset ...

It's actually not that impossible. Smaller boxes are the norm today for
home entertainment systems, and DVB-[cts] is at least in Europe the way to
go for TV (at least in Finland analog TV is shut down in a few years). I
think some manufacturer will see a niche market and create something like
the Epia with DVB integrated.

--
   "I like the idea of democracy. You have to have someone everyone
       distrusts," said Brutha. "That way, everyone's happy."

                                        -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods