[vdr] Re: mplayer plugin: no output

On Thursday 28 August 2003 20:28, Juri Haberland wrote:
> Matthias Bodenbinder wrote:
> > I tried the mplayer plugin  mp3-0.8.1on SuSE 8.2 with vdr 1.2.2 (self
> > compiled) and MPlayer-0.91-1 (from
> > http://packman.links2linux.de/?action=128)
> >
> > But I do not get any output on the screen. vdr says the movie is played
> > back and on the console I see that mplayer actually plays the movie, but
> > on the TV I just see the current programm and not the movie. If I say
> > 'Stop playback' (Wiedergabe beenden) it stops the playback. So everything
> > works except for the display of the film. What is going wrong?
>
> You probably compiled MPlayer without DVB support. Search for a file
> named 'grab.mpg'. If you find this, MPlayer has no DVB support and wrote
> your video into a file instead of to the DVB card.
>
> Cheers,
> Juri

That is true. My mplayer creates a file grab.mpg.

I downloaded the sources and tried to compile mplayer by myself. I enabled dvb
support ( I had to tweak ./configure in order to make it find the header
files. It searches in a subdirectory ost/ which I do not have. I got the dvb
sources from the cvs repository on www.linuxtv.org).

My TV card is Hauppauge Nexus-S. The new mplayer runs fine from the console.
But with the mplayer plugin it crashes with the message:

VO: [mpegpes] 480x320 => 480x320 Mpeg PES
DVB: height=320 not supported (try 240/480 (ntsc) or 288/576 (pal)
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
init_vo failed

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html#crash.b.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
  version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html
  and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
provide
  this information when reporting a possible bug.

Any ideas how to make it work?
Thanks, Matthias