[vdr] Re: Generic input device / event support for VDR?

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 19:59, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Am Freitag, 29. August 2003 16:14 schrieben Sie:
> > On Wednesday 27 August 2003 19:04, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > > Am Freitag, 29. August 2003 15:21 schrieben Sie:
> > This piece of code was for the lirc interface of the old 0.9.4
> > driver. When I created the plugin, vdr (iirc 1.1.13) could use both
> > old and new drivers. I think I'll drop this stuff in the next
> > release. Probably I was the only one who used it, anyway. ;-)
>
> In its current way i agree to drop that. Could it be updated to the
> lircd interface vdr uses ? This way vdr could be compiled with NOKBD
> and without REMOTE=LIRC, and the wished input method could be choosen
> by your plugin.

The code from lirc.[ch] could be easily incorporated.
But why should a plugin duplicate code of the vdr core?
This would only make sense if Klaus wants to remove this feature from
core vdr...

Oliver

BTW, check your system date and time. You're living in the past :-)