[vdr] Re: Possible enhancements to vdr

Of
> Lauri Tischler
> Sent: 31 August 2003 10:01
> To: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Subject: [vdr] Re: Possible enhancements to vdr
>

> DVB stream contains 'running_status' info (ETSI EN 300 468 table 6),
> that could be used, providing that broadcasters use it.
> Same goes for 'content descriptor' info (ETSI EN 300 468 tables 25 and
> 26),
> that could be used to filter out adverticement automagically, again
> providing that broadcasters do use that info correctly, which I doubt.
> Theoretically 'content descriptor' could be used to automatically
> record all spesific type programs, like sports, category 0x4,
> subcategory 0xB, martial sports,
> Use of this kind of info, should be mandatory.

VPS is also known as Program Delivery Control (PDC).

A PDC descriptor is defined in the DVB spec under "6.2.28 PDC
descriptor"

PDC_descriptor(){
descriptor_tag 8 uimsbf
descriptor_length 8 uimsbf
reserved_future_use 4 bslbf
programme_identification_label 20 bslbf
}

If used, it would be broadcast in the EIT with an ID of 0x69, but like
much of the spec it will probably remain unused....  unless somebody
knows differently.