[vdr] Re: Possible enhancements to vdr

> Hello,
>
> here in Germany (maybe somewhere else also) we have 2 systems to
support
> time-accurate recordings - VPS and ShowView.
> I have no idea how they are working, but i think it would be a good
> enhancement to support one of these (or both) systems in vdr or via
vdr
> plugin.
>
> regards
>    Petric

The PDC descriptor (PDC = VPS) IS broadcast in the EIT on "Das Erste"
(11837:h:S19.2E) and probably other broadcasters.  The PIL element
contains the start time for the particular program and is presumably
revised constantly as the EIT is sent.

I'm sure VDR could use this data where sent to adjust recording/EPG
times although I wonder if the data shouldn't be picked up by the driver
and re-inserted as TT/VBI data so that it could be picked up by other
devices which would rely on this analogue for of the data....

Showview is merely a mechanism to encode programme times into a number
so that it can be printed in the tv guide (as a number or as a bar code)
so I think it can be discounted as a means of adjusting program start
times...

Graham