[vdr] Re: AW: VDR version 1.2.5pre1 pre-release

Robert Bartl wrote:

> Hy,
>
> Vdr doesnt hang with 99% cpu anymore on my Machine (cause of the break i
> think), but it doesnt yet detect closed connections correctly. After
> closeing a connection without quit another connection isnt possible as
> vdr is not accepting new ones, being still connected to the old one.
>
> When i change the "r < 0" line before the lost connection message to "r
> <= 0" it does work. (but issues a broken pipe error). The broken pipe
> error would be easy to prevent (another close function or changed close
> function behaviour), or would this change cause other errors on other
> machines ?

I don't know. For the moment I don't want to touch this any more.
Normal operation is to send a QUIT (or Ctrl+D) to terminate the
session, and AFAIK that works fine.

> Btw: do you see this error on your system too (im just telneting to port
> 2001 and killing telnet to force it), or did i configure my system
> awkward ;) ?

If I kill the telnet session I do get that behaviour.
If I issue QUIT or press Ctrl+D the connection is terminated
correctly. So I suggest to always send QUIT at teh end of a
connection.

Klaus