[vdr] Re: can't record SAT1 / Pro7 with Nova budget card

just wanted to let you know, that you are not alone.
That's good to known.

Can someone explain while the budget systems fails to record SAT1 and
Pro7?
As discribed in older mails, the change to a new computer brough me 'from
no problems' to a 'hell lot of problems'.
Exactly what I detected. Before using the P4 2.6 GHz System a AMD Duron 1300 MHz System has the same problems. An old K7 500 MHz System works without problems with these cards.

Most have been solved during the last year (great driver improvements!),
but the one you are describing is still here.
So I assume there is something in common.

What CPU do you have? I have 2.26GHz. Isn`t that about the same than
DECT? One of my suspicions is, that
I use a 2.6 GHz CPU with HyperThreading turned off since this gives "DEBI irq oops" problems with the rev 1.6 card.

we have our own "Dect"-transmitter within our computer :-(. Does anyone
know how to check about this?
One idea is to download cpufreq, and see if something changes. But I
guess the external oscilator is not influenced by this, so I don`t have
too much hope here.
Maybe but I'm didn't have a clue what part of the computer is the reason for this.

Would be great to solve this puzzle, since it seems to be the last one in
a long series for me.
I think if someone with more knowledge will step into this thread there is a good chance we can solve this. Since I have two identical system with the only difference is that the cards in one system are nova-s budget cards while the other working system has rev 1.6 cards. So I'm pretty sure the dvb driver is at least involved in this issue.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de