[vdr] Re: recordings file naming question

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 19:16, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> > [ Some stuff about '_' in recordings file names]
> >
> This is the normal behaviour of VDR when building a recording name.

[ SNIP ]
> Using just the episode name when handling such a recording is
> probably not a good idea in case you want to handle several
> recordings at once. You should use the full name, which,
> in your case, would be
>
> The_Foos/_/2003-10-05.18:28.50.50
>
> If you need a flat name you could replace the directory
> delimiters ('/') with something else (but that's always a tough
> decision which character to use ;-).

Thanks for the description, I've added the following lines where
relevant to vdrconvert's vdr2XXX.sh and cap.sh scripts to choose a
better title when subtitle is empty:
if [ "$Record" = "_" ]
then
  spalten1=`expr $spalten - 1`
  Record=`echo $i|sed 's/\%//g'|cut -f $spalten1 -d '/'|sed 's/\//_/g'`
fi

--
Richard Jones <richard@earthmen.com>