[vdr] Re: vdr-dvd-0.3.3-jau-p7 (backwards/rewind with picture)

Sven Goethel wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 October 2003 18:33, André Weidemann wrote:
> > > btw: is rewind it too fast ?
> >
> > The rewind seems about twice as fast as the fast forward.
> >

> changed the fast and slow behavior .. -> p8 later.
>
> > Some other thing I have noticed...
> > When you hit Ok to display the progress bar, it truns completly white
> > after 2:34:14 on the Two Towers DVD.
> > Unfortunately I do not have any other DVD that runs that long. The
> > Aliens DVD ends at 2:34:07 and is green until the end. It only happens
> > with the one DVD. All others I have checked work fine till the end.
>
> hmm .. the progress bar uses the info GetIndex, and therefore the
> libdvdnav PGC based currentblock and totalblocks info ..,
> something must be broken there ;-)
> i have no idea .., and cannot debug, 'cause i need such a dvd.
>

> > Was it possibel to implemet a quick on/off method for subtiles?
> > or a method so that they are displayed upon selction from the menu even
> > though they are disabled in the setup?
>
> possible ? yes !
>
> but i am afraid we allready used all keys ;-)
>
> so we had to sacrifice one .. but which ?
> the subtitle-menu key (7) ? then just rotate the subtitles, like for audio ?

While talking about keys: I haven't looked at the latest DVD plugin
version with your patches and fixes yet, but I believe I read in
one of the postings here that the blue key is being (ab)used
for "goto title" and above you wrote about '7' being the
"subtitle menu" key. I'd like to suggest to keep the keys as
close to the standard VDR meaning as possible, which means that
"blue" should be "stop replay" and '7'/'9' should be used to jump
between chapters (which is the closest thing to skipping between
editing marks). Using completely different key mappings is IMHO
irritating for users who know the keys' meanings from VDR's replay
function.

Just my 2ct. Of course, as it says in PLUGINS.html, "it's your show..." ;-)

Klaus