[vdr] Re: vdr and via epia...

I have just bought an EPIA-M6000. I am still building the system so i can't tell you what the results will be. But from what i understand:
1. There is no open source driver for the MPEG2 decoder. So you are restricted to using the VIA Xine player and a binary driver on Redhat 8 (maybe mandrake 8.2?). But I dont believe anyone has confirmed if the VIA xine player will work through the VDR XIne pluggin (i'll know in the next few days!)
2. That aside, I believe the CPU will cope with MPEG2 software decoding.
3. The CPU begins to struggle with MPEG4/Divx decoding, and there is no hardware decoding for this anyway.
So if you are not going to be doing much MPEG4/Divx stuff - and you aim is VDR only - then the M6000 is a good, quiet board.
If you want lots of Divx, go for the M9000 or M10000.