[vdr] Two cards, two recordings, bad signal on one = two brokenrecordings

I have a system with a Nova-T and a Nova-S (and a dxr3)

The other day I had a problem with my sat feed - basically no signal was
received (*).  Unfortunately at that time I had two recordings
scheduled: one on DVB-S and one one DVB-T.

Now, I am not concerned that the DVB-S recording failed - that is to be
expected when there is no signal ;).  The problem is my DVB-T recording
was broken as well.

The reason is vdr kept restarting trying to get the DVB-S signal back.
This resulted in the DVB-T recording having 30 secs or so or good
recording and then a jump to 20 seconds later, 30 seconds of recording
and then skip again, etc. on and on etc. This makes the show fairly hard
to follow!

I don't know what the solution is.

Perhaps vdr should not restart in this case if there is one good
recording going.

Perhaps priorities could be used to decide "don't restart to try to fix
a lower priority recording if a higher priority recording is going
fine".

(* I have a long standing problem with my sat feed.  This is a C-Band
dish and not even my standalone receiver can receive vertical signals.
On top of that the Nova-S card can only receive horizontal signals if
the standalone box is powered up AND tuned to a horizontal transponder.
I have my nova-s connected to the loopback of the standalone box.  The
problem is if the kids change the channel on the standalone box or the
standalone box crashes I loose my signal on the nova-s! I think my LNB
needs replacing)