[vdr] Re: Feature request: 2 or 3 columns main menu

mån 2003-10-13 klockan 22.29 skrev Martin Hoffmann:
> Okay thats a good choice too !
>
> However why not using 2 columns ? The right half of the screen is wasted !
> Could be an alternative or an addition !? It could be more straight forward to
> find the desired plugin on the main page than in one submenu !?
>
> just some thoughts ...

Yes the right half of the screen aren't used but insted of puting menus
there put a help system there insted. That change it contens depending
on what entry are marked on the left half. Eg If DVD-plugin are makred
then in the right half a short description of what this plugin can and
what the navigation-keys are.

A helpsystem like this should be on every page. And a special of when in
cuting recordings so it display the editing keys.

The helptext might not be shown all the time but view when called up on.

--

   /erikg

Erik Günther                                     erik.gunther@bokus.com
System Developer                                                Bokus AB
+46 (0)40 - 35 21 19                                      icq: 160744619

Fortune:
Whenever people agree with me, I always think I must be wrong.
- Oscar Wilde