[vdr] Re: Streaming-Client/Reply-Clinet (Perhaps XBOX or DBOX2)

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 15:40, Axel Gruber wrote:

> Both (server and Client have 100mbit Tx)
>
> Itīs simple a CPU-Problem - with Playback only i have 40-60% CPU Power
> With Streaming 80-100% and when i jumps to 100% i have jumps in the
> Picture Also the whole VDR getīs realy slow so itīs not realy funny.

Can I ask what type of NICs you're using? If they're just cheapo
Realteks or similar, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case of the
high CPU use.... I would expect that if you used a 3Com or Intel NIC,
your P166 should be quite fast enough to sustain the MPEG2 stream..

Of course, the 3Com/Intel cards are much more expensive, but there is
good reason to pay the extra =)

Cheers,
Gavin.