[vdr] Re: this weekend must be daylight savings in the US

Oliver Endriss wrote:

> On Sunday 26 October 2003 00:22, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > > IMHO vdr needs to be modified in a way that all times are based on UTC,
> > > not local time. All internal calculations *and* timers.conf should be
> > > UTC-based. Local time should only appear at the user interface.
> > > Maybe this could be done in 1.3.x?
> >
> > I want timers.conf to be human readable, and that means times will
> > stay in local time.
>
> Ok, in this case you have to append some timezone info to the times
> in timers.conf, for example '0215CET'. Otherwise you will never know
> whether 02:15 means 02:15 CET or 02:15 CEST. :-(

Well, I don't think that this is worth all that fuss...
After all, this is something that happens only once a year,
and what are the odds that somebody would want to record
something just within that "magic hour"? Even if so, simply
start the recording early enough and let it run long enough.
As we have seen (again) this year, the times provided by
several tv stations are wrong, anyway, when dst is switched...

The current solution works for 99.99% of the time, which I'd
say is good enough.

Klaus