[vdr] Re: bitstreamout-0.48pre3

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 11:36:18AM +0100, Christian Tramnitz wrote:
> I also have no main menu entry for bitstreamout and noticed some problems...
>
> Generally I like the idea of  *everything* being transmitted via the
> bitstreamout plugin rather then using internal cabling from J2 to
> Spdif-in of the soundcard and another output for analog sound, I'm
> switching everything through my receiver so it would be perfect to have
> everything being looped through bitstreamout. (Also the internal cabling
> from J2 to spdif-in of the soundcard creates a lot of distortion, I even
> get bad reception, losing some DVB-T channels)

Hmmm ... IMHO you've forgotten to conntect GND from the DVB to the
GND of the sound card.  With a shielded cable there should no problems
nor distortion.
And pelase note that it is impossible for bitstreamout plugin to provide
a synchrony audio stream whereas the audio stream from the S/P-DIF from
the DVB is in synch with the video.

       Werner