[vdr] Re: a new idea?

mån 2003-10-27 klockan 12.20 skrev vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org:
> Hi,
>
> with all those software on standard unix environment I was
> wondering if it was possible (well it is possible but is there
> someone to do/port it) to write X-server for DVB-card output.
>
> This way it should be easy to have graphical www-browsers
> and other software running on TV. Just VDR / remote plugin
> to control X-software.
>
> There might be a few possibilities:
> - X-server as an OSD
> 	- color limitations?
> - X-server as an 'TV'-channel
> 	- X -channel type at sources.conf & channels.conf
> 		- even multiple X-desktops via PID's :-)
> 	- Needs MPEG still_frame encoder of the X-framebuffer?
> 	- performance hit?
> 	- Would benefit possible MHP viewers?
> 	- 3rd party software could run in background
> 		- changing to channel activates 'encoding'
>
> Any comment?

I have no technical knowlege in the area but realy like the idea. Whould
extend the possible use for VDR greatly.

Combined with a cordless keybord (and mouse) it would become a console a
linux-console, Cool...

--

   /erikg

Erik Günther                                     erik.gunther@bokus.com
System Developer                                                Bokus AB
+46 (0)40 - 35 21 19                                      icq: 160744619

Fortune:
Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.