[vdr] Lost audio-frames

Hello

I just found a problem when converting vdr-files to DVD:

Since audio and video are not totally in sync all programms
I can use (PVAstrumento X08.jar vdrsync) drop either some
pictures or some audio at the beginning of a file.

Not bad, if it is the first and only file.
But what happens, if a movie contains several files,
say 001.vdr to 003.vdr and you have some commercials in
the file?
My standard setting for the cutting-sessions was "split file"
So after each commercial a new vdr-file starts.
That leads in the end to some lost audio-information.
Setting to "don't split" improves the result. But since
mplex has a 2 Giga-limitation the resulting movie always
suffers from some lost audio-parts.
Did I miss here something or is this inevitable?

regards
Wolfgang