[vdr] Re: analogtv 0.9.15 & Hauppauge PVR

Hi Uwe,

Here are the answers :)

1. Picture Quality is very, very good. Of couse its not good as DVB, but
really good. You cant compare it to the "old" analogTV plugin (with bttv
cards).

2. Lipsync is great. No problems at all here. I had the same problems
with my WinTV card as you (lipsync gone after some time). But with the
PVR lipsync is ok, even after two hours recording last night.

3. No major problems i would think. The plugin sometimes crashes on
zapping and there is a audio bug i think.

4. No, you dont need a soundcard.

5. I would buy a PVR250, since the only difference is the TV-Out on the
PVR350. Since you have a DVB card with TV-Out, there is no reason to buy
a PVR350. (The TV-Out isnt real supported at the moment in the linux
driver).

6. Yes, you need the ivtv driver from http://ivtv.sf.net Installting it
is easy, only compile and load the modules.

Hope that helps...

Greetings,
Andre Neumann