[vdr] Re: ttxtsubs plugin for vdr-1.2.6 ?

--On den 1 november 2003 22:04 +0100 karim <kafifi@nerim.net> wrote:

It seems that "ttxtsubs-0.0.4" doesn't work with vdr-1.2.6.
Is there any new release of ttxtsubs ?
0.0.4b is an update made for changes in 1.2.5, and seems to
still work for 1.2.6pre4.

I don't know where you have found 0.0.4, but wherever it is,
don't use that place for downloading stuff, download software
*from the site the author recommends*!

I just can't understand why it is so popular setting up
web sites with local copies of software and just letting
it grow old. Those sites are only making people unhappy.

Keeping a site with links to the other sites for each piece
of software is of course a good thing. Some of the VDR sites
today are keeping old copies around, as I suppose is the
case in this case. Others are doing their best to hide where
the software actually will get downloaded from, making it
very hard for people to get the latest release - they will
only get what the site author decides, or nothing if that
file is removed from the original site.
Those are examples of very bad internet manners!
Stop doing that!

Karim, please tell the maintainer of the site where you found
0.0.4 to stop keeping old software around.

You can find 0.0.4b here:
<ftp://ftp.nada.kth.se/pub/home/ragge/vdr/vdr-ttxtsubs-0.0.4b.tgz>

I recommend this site for finding VDR software (Klaus' own):
<http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/>

/ragge