[vdr] Strange feature

Hello

For 16 days my vdr was up without failure, but yesterday I discovered
a strange behaviour.

I started recording from an encrypted channel. I did listen to the
sound, since I had tuned that channel before.
After 5 minutes I wanted to watch that movie. But when I started
xawtv the sound disappeared and I had no chance to get it.

So I had to stop everything. Then I tried the opposite way.
First started xawtv, tuned that station and then starting to record.
This way worked without any problem.

Is this a bug or a feature?

regards
Wolfgang