[vdr] Re: Hermes MSI 651 howto: onboard sound with S/PDIF

> No joke: the onboard Realtek audiochipset works with intel8x0,
> including the S/PDIF.

Great! Thanks for that hint - will try tomorrow - i have a Intel810-Based
motherboard and couldn't get it working with alsa 0.92 ...
ac3play did'nt found the pcmC0D2 pcm-device.

It's the realtek-ALC201 codec that actually is the "sound-chip" - a tiny
thing.

Maybe this might help others as well:
As my board did'nt had a plug connected to the SPDIF-pin i simply soldered a
wire at that pin to the SMD-chip (careful not to shortcut anything!) and
placed a cinch-connector at a free place, i just uploaded some images of my
tiny C137-based-2-card-barebone-vdr ;-)
http://www.s.netic.de/gfiala/vdrc137.html

According to spec the chip can drive coax-kabel a few meters long without
extra amplifier, let's see if it works tomorrow...