[vdr] Re: streamdev plugin problems

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

> Did you play around with the stream types, yet? You didn't mention it so
> far... You can specify the type within the URL.

PES-stream seems to work fine, but only on one mux, I can't get anything
from the other two.

> > I've also noticed that since the installing of streamdev plugin there has
> > been lot's of "Ring buffer overflow" messages in the syslog. Haven't seen
> > those before.
> That's because the player doesn't read more data (probably because it can't
> identify it's type), so the buffers within the PlugIn overrun, since they are
> never emptied anymore.

Those ring buffer overflows seem to fill up my syslog all the time, my
computer was choking on those thousands and thousands of error messages
and I disabled the plugin.

I rebooted my vdr box and 'cause vdr is started on boot, before booting
was completed the screen was filled with those messages, I removed the
antenna cable and after a while those messages stopped. There was no HTTP
client trying to connect to my vdr box. I'll try the plugin again when I
have time to experiment with it.