[vdr] Re: Programm to "validate" a VDR recording

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 08:51:01AM +0100, Ralf Klueber wrote:
> > Does anyone know a program which is capable of "validating" a
> > recording?
> >
> > The only information i need is:
> > "Stream contains errors" or "Stream contains no errors"
>
> Let me guess. You are working on mastertimer and you want to add a
> recording to the "done" file only if the strem contains no errors?
> Perfect! I have lost one "Enterprise" a few weeks before exactly at this
> point.

No. My "problem" is that with my alternativ solution and with the former
"Stoneage"-VDR i have/had to do use a "conversion" program which
"barked" when feed with a stream with errors(*). With current VDR i don't
have an active conversion where i can pipe through the recording while
cutting.

The only "active" conversion i need is when i record something with many
Audio-PIDs. Xine doesn't like the format VDR uses for this, so i use
vdrsync.pl to remultiplex the recording.
Only problem: SSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW like hell.

> Keep on running a perfect add on for VDR.

And btw. This would be a part for my "schnitt"-tools not for
Master-Timer itself. :-)

*: For finding errors the alternative is quite good. Nearly every error
results in total loss of audio. So you go to the end of the "finished"
recording-file and when you have sound everthing is/was OK. (I see this
("defined" error behaviour) as an advantage!)

Bis denn