[vdr] Re: Again: Audio out via Soundcard

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:58:27PM +0100, hm@seneca.muc.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since my DVB card whooshes like hell I'd like to reroute all sound to my
> soundcard running with ALSA. I can't find any documentation on that,
> though. Any idea how I can do that, without reprogramming VDR? ;-)

Isn't it better to get the PC and the Audio-Receiver/TV onto the
same ground or use an optical S/P-DIF connection?  Also some
shielded cable may help.  And even if you connect the analog or
digital out of the DVB card, the different grounding stays around.

The internal analog audio out is described in the manual of the DVB
card (J3 AFAIR).  And the digital out you can find at

      http://www.geocities.com/buenavista18/scart_connect.PDF

For the connection from the sound card to the Audio-Receiver
an optical S/P-DIF connection is simply the best to avoid
noisy current due different grounds.

Werner