[vdr] svdr commands in epg menu?

Hello,

I`m currently using streamdev plugin. Unfortunaly there is no way to
update/get server information from within the client.

For example I would like to program the (server-) timer or get the
recording status.

I know svdr could do the job, but it would be some work to program
things like "record" "status" "delete record" for each channel with the
commands.conf

Is it possible, to add a key button in the epg menu which will point to
a shell script or will execute the according svdr command?

i.e. A "blue" button in the "epg program" menu which would bring up a
new screen with some commands (as stated above)

Would be great if these commands (as well as the assigned keys) could be
configured via .conf file

Unfortunately Im not a C programmer ;) , so I have no chance to do it
myself

uwe