[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB DTS Dropouts

On 16 Nov 2003 Morfsta <morfsta@irmplc.com> wrote:

> Does anyone else experience regular DTS dropouts on DVDs with the
> AC3overDVB patch? Its the first time I have tried it, so I can't compare
> it with previous versions.

From my expirience this is most probably not an AC3overDVB
problem but rather a DVD drive problem.

Some drives (my drive, a LG DRD-8120B, too) seems to delay some
data transfers and so the data stream is interrupted for a short
time. The problem increases if there is a HD connected to the
same IDE channel as the DVD drive.

I can get nearly perfect replay by using:

hdparm -d1 -c1 -u1 -a0 -X66 /dev/hdc

-d1  enable DMA
-c1  32bit IO
-u1  unmask IRQ
-a0  disable read-ahead
-X66 enable UDMA2 (my drive can't do a faster mode, 68=UDMA4
     69=UDMA5)

I'm using -u1 for all harddisk too.

And for me it's the best to set the read-ahead in the DVD plugin
setup menu to 0 as well.

> I am using: -
>
> vdr-1.2.6
> AC3overDVB-0.2.2a