[vdr] Re: NForce2 S/PDIF output from VDR?

> I wonder if it would be possible to have the audio out via my
> Shuttle SN41G2's S/PDIF connector when watching VDR?
> I made an S-video cable for my TT DVB-card, but I don't feel
> like upgrading that cable..

Probably a plugin would do that. You'd check if ac3bitstream
plugin could also 'forward' mp2 data out with slight modifications.
For PCM output you probably need to sw decompress MP2 and encode it
to S/PDIF frames?

I think all output modules in VDR should be plugin-compatible, so
you'd write any output you'd ever think of.

And still you need to take sure that Linux nforce2 drivers can
output such stream (I don't have a clue).

But my solution was to build toslink adapter and attach it
into frame and it works great. Same outcome can be done with
Asus S/PDIF adapter sold for motherboards. But you ruled this
out saying you don't want to upgrade svhs-cable?