[vdr] Re: Autopid does not change PIDs

Hi Tilo,

Tilo Renkl wrote on Sat, Nov 22 2003:

>my autopid finds new or changed PIDs but does not correct (...)
>Is that normal ?

autopid has been orphaned quite a while, was only adjusted to newer
VDR versions, but nothing happened in developing it further. Some
people (including me) have experienced strange phenomina (sudden
errors in timers.conf, non-working updates, etc.) the patch isn't
exactly trouble-free and safe to apply. I therefore don't use it
anymore.

I was happy, when Klaus announced that he is thinking of applying the
autopid functionality into a newer VDR version and will wait for this.

So in short: yes, your experiences are normal :-/

Kind regards   Frederick