[vdr] Re: vdr crashes several times a day.

Also sprach Andreas Share zu "01.12.2003 23:11" Anno Domini:

>>The signal-strange should be good enough, because i have no problems
>
> during
>
>>live-view (1. card) or with recordings (2. card).
>>The second card runs Astra-only, so this could not be an diseqc problem.
>>I have tested with different channel.confs, so i could shure there were no
>>faulty channel in it.

>>Note: I have an ci-interface on every card, and if i remember correctly,
>
> the
>
>>icam firmware have had the same behavior.
>>

> Hi again,
>
> i have found the following in some Board, maybe this could solve the outcome
> errors with Rev. 1.3 Boards. Sorry, german only, maybe someone can translate
> it. I have "patched" my both cards i used with vdr, and now i haven´t any
> signal strange jumps in vdr with tech-patch. Befor the "jumps" go up to 15%
> in signal strange with ci interface, and up to 10% without ci interface
> connected.
>
> The only thing i could not understand (if the hardware-patch solve the
> problem): Why my older Api2/vdr 1.1.x installation runs flawlessy for month
> without outcom errors....
>
> greetings
>
> A.Share
> -----

Here the translation:

> Zitat: TechnoTrend Kundendienst
>
> Problem:
> Bestimmte Frequenzbereiche sind gestört
> ( Starke Schwankungen in der Signalqualität )
>
> Ursache:
> Störungen auf der 5 Volt Leitung am PCI- Bus
>
> Durch folgende Änderungen kann man das Problem minimieren:
> - Spule unter Pin 14 des Tuners entfernen.
> - Pin 13 mit Pin 4 oder Pin 6 am Tuner verbinden (s.Bild).
>
> [Hagen Feuerpfeil] ---

Quote: TechnoTrend Customer Support

Problem: specific frequency ranges are noisy (huge variation in signal
quality)

Cause: interference on the 5 Volt conductor at the PCI-Bus

You can minimize the problem with the following patch:
- remove coil below pin 14 of the tuner
- conduct pin 13 with pin 4 or pin 6 of the tuner (see figure)
(appendix of translator: WHERE IS THE PICTURE?)

[Hagen Feuerpfeil] ---

> Hallo xxx,
> mir ist noch zum Thema etwas fast vergessenes wieder eingefallen.
>
> Haben Sie die Möglichkeit, eine Änderung mit dem Lötkolben auf Ihre Karte
> vorzunehmen (vornehmen zu lassen)?
> Die Probleme traten mit dem Aufkommen schnellerer Rechner in Erscheinung vor
> einigen Jahren.
> In allen nachfolgenden Revisionen (1.5, 1.6, 2.1, 2.2) ist die Änderung
> bereits enthalten.
> Nicht nur das einige Transponder im Signalverhalten sehr instabil waren - es
> traten auch "Empfangslöcher" auf -
> abhängig vom Netzteil, Mainboard und Betriebssystem.
> Das hat wirklich bisher bei allen ähnlichen Problemen geholfen.
>
> Wir nehmen den Umbau (s.u.) auch gern für Sie vor.
> Wenn Sie den Umbau selbst vornehmen wollen -
> nehmen Sie bitte einen, nicht ganz so dünnen Draht (min 1mm im Durchmesser).
>
> [Hagen Feuerpfeil] ---

Hello xxx,

I now remember something nearly forgotten to this theme.

Do you have the possibility to make changes to your card with a
soldering iron (or do you know someone who can do it for you)?
The problems apeared with the upcoming od faster Computers some years ago.
In newer revisions (1.5, ..., 2.2), the patch is already included.
There was not only transponders with instable signal, but also
"reception holes" -- depending on AC-Adaptor, main board and operating
system.
This has really helped with all similar problems.

We can do the modification (see below, appendix translator: WHERE?) for
you, of course.
If you want to make the modifiation byself, please take an quiet thickly
wire, at least 1mm diameter (appendix translator: The original text was
not in good german for a technical description, translated it said: "...
please take a not so thin wire.")

I hope this help!
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "/vmlinuz does not exist.