[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: mailbox plugin 0.1.0 for IMAP/POP3 accounts

Alexander Rieger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is my first mail to the list so first of all I want to thank Klaus
> Schmidinger for his incredible work on VDR, the plugin-developers, all
> the testers, providers of patches, the developers of the DVB-drivers and
> everyone else I may have forgotten.
>
> As a regular user of vdr since almost two years it's time to contribute
> myself:
>
>  From the README:
>
> "mailbox" is a mail reader plugin for the Video Disk Recorder (VDR) of
> Klaus Schmidinger.

Fine. That's something I was looking for for a long time!

I tried to compile the plugin on a VDR system based on SuSE 8.0. With
the original package imap-devel-2001a-38.rpm I got a compile error in
AxMail/src/MailBoxMgr.cpp: "file linkage.c not found"

Then I installed the imap src rpm from SuSE 8.2, rebuilt the RPM's and
installed the packages

'imap-lib-2002-36' and
'imap-devel-2002-36'

Now it built without errors. The resulting plugin works fine with my
IMAP account up to now.

Keep up the good work! Maybe you could implement a news reader too? I
convert my mailing lists to local newsgroups. OK, just kiddin' :-)

Wolfgang