[vdr] Unified ALSA output plugin?

Sorry if that has been beaten to death before but I can only read the ML
every other week or so (when I'm not business travelling or hacking).

As you may remember I posted a patch to the MP3OSS plugin, enabling it to
send decoded data to ALSA using aplay. I know it's a hack. But on the other
hand, now that ALSA replaces OSS in the 2.6 kernel stream (finally, might I
say, because many ALSA drivers can do a LOT more nice things than most OSS
drivers), I guess it's time to move on and start supporting ALSA properly.
The only plugin so far is Werner's bitstreamout. Then we have MP3, OGG,
etc. Wouldn't it be clever to have just one plugin that does it all, and
very much properly so?

And while we're at suggesting features - now that many LCD TV units have
DVI inputs, it would be great to be able to route the TV picture to DVI,
avoiding multiple digital - analog - digital conversions. Maybe using
svgalib or on the X11 root window, I mean, i.e. in a family-friendly way.
:-))

--
Let He who taketh the Plunge Remember to return it by Tuesday.