[vdr] Solved: Mplayer-plugin output blocky..

Getting back to this earlier thread, it seems I have it
properly working now.

The trick here is to manually encode the MPEG-4 into MPEG-2 with this:
mencoder $1 -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=4000:acodec=mp2 -o $2
Then you play the resulting MPEG-2 file with the MPlayer-plugin, which
just outputs it to the DVB card as-is. The result is not exactly as
good as the original, but if one doesn't have the original for
comparison, there's nothing wrong with it.

I think I'll just end up converting MPEG-2 into VDR, and throwing out that MPlayer plugin. Is there a suggested tool for converting MPEG-4 to
VDR? Just rename the MPEG-2 file to 001.vdr and run the genindex?

As to converting the VDR into MPEG-4, I noticed that
xvidcore-1.0.0-beta2 is marginally better than MPlayer-1.0pre3 (lavc
mpeg-4), when I used both at 1800 kbit/s.

Ari