[vdr] Re: OT: DVB-S shortcircuited , tv-out dead anyone help?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Sascha Volkenandt (SV) wrote:

SV> Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2003 19:20 schrieb redband:
SV> > I didn't think it'd be a problem until I noticed the machine had closed
SV> > itself down.  When I restarted I found that there was no output from the
SV> > video out or the audio out on the back of the DVB card.
SV> > The card still receives and decodes, the video streams are still viewable
SV> > (via the streaming plugin) but the TV out just doesn't work apart from a
SV> > very faint signal when I plug it directly into my TV.
SV> >
SV> > Does anybody know if this is at all fixable?
SV>
SV> I've overloaded my TV-out, too and I'm sorry to say that the only way to fix
SV> it was buying a new premium card and now I am using the broken one as a
SV> "Nova", i.e. a reception-only card.

that happened to me as well. TV-out was dead, audio sill working. Now I'm
using it as a secondary card. It was a nexus 2.1, though. So if you have a
1.3 you might be able to use the RGB-connector on the card.

c ya
        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\