[vdr] Re: ASTON 1.05 Module and french pay tv (CanalSatellite), nodecrypti on...

Le 12/21/2003 10:10 AM, Heiko Quant a joliment écrit :
I can't get my pay tv to work with VDR (LINVDR). I'm using a Hauppauge
CI (3.5") together with an ASTON 1.05 CI module and an original Canal
Satellite subscripton card. I have checked with Watch-TV-Pro where the
setup is working fine. All channels are being decoded. So the hardware
is ok.

Using LINVDR the Csat channels remain dark. The only thing I can see is
the EPG, that's it.
You have to apply a patch to make vdr use your cam-ci module.
Even then all the cam-ci are not supported, there is a procedure in 8 points to see if your cam-ci is compatible, or to find where it fails.
If the cam-ci is compatible, you will have decoded video, but only one language (you have to choose witch audio pid comme first in the channels.conf depending of wotch language you want to hear, the other is mute except for channels that don't use the cam-ci ex: arte), and for channels that use cam-ci there is no subtitles support.

I didn't know nothing about Watch-TV-Pro, untill now.
Do the language selection and subtitles work with it ?
And what was your experience--opinion on this programm ?

Thanks.

Nicolas.

--
Powered .~.