[vdr] EPG technical info

Hi,

I'm starting to look into integrating full EPG support into mythtv. I know vdr has a pretty good support already. I wonder if there are technical specs on this topic or just some good reverse ingeniering.

From what I've seen in the source code, each channel carries its own programming via events, which would definitely explain why the EPG is slow as hell in the original decoder. But possibly some docs would give me a clearer overview than the source code - of course I'll get deeply in the code when I actually gets my hands dirty.

Anyone, can anyone point me to the relevant documentation, if such a thing exists?

Thanks.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index