From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Reinhard Nissl
Sent: mercredi 24 décembre 2003 11:47
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: HDTV Broadcasts recordable with vdr?

Hi,

Ulrich Gierschner wrote:

> I know that it is not possible to view the new HDTV broadcasts on
Astra, but

Shure, not on a FF card, but with my vdr-xine plugin.

	http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.1.1.tgz

I only have a Hauppauge NOVA-S, so VDR automatically transfers any
stream to
my device. If you have a FF card, you must tell VDR to transfer the
stream to
my device, but I have no command line ready for this case, due to the
lack of
a FF card.

> is it possible to record a piece HDTV material to use it with another
> external player?

Yes, but you'll need larger buffers. Just have a look at

	http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.2.6-HDTV.patch.gz

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl