[vdr] Re: vdr and motorised dish

Hi Thomas,

Plain vanilla vdr-1.2.x is able to drive a previously programmed DiSEqC 1.2
rotor (e.g. Stab HH100/120 or Motek SG-2100) with a appropriate by hand
configured source.conf / diseqc.conf files quite well.

To configure the rotor you will need other software like this plugin:
http://www.vdrportal.de/board/
thread.php?threadid=8637&sid=&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1
or another DiSEqC 1.2 capable receiver.

AFAIK you will have to check if the frontend on your DVB-card is capable of
DiSEqC 1.2. The protocol isn't the problem, rather the power supply. I wasn't
able to driver a Stab HH100 with a DVBs 1.3 with ves1983 based frontend
reliable, but many other people report to have this setup working.

In my case, I'm using now a Nova with stv0299 frontend and it works rock
solid.

HTH,
Christian

--