[vdr] Hoerzu Digital service

Hi,

after seeing you guessing around about the Hoerzu Digital it is now time
for a 'half' official statement from GIST.

The HOERZU DIGITAL service is meant as a premium EPG with 'enriched'
program data. Additional editorial content are recommendations,
pictures, quiz games, background infos for movies, actors... and a
better genre classification than the DVB one.
The data is optimized for both highend (MHP) and lowend (like TI AV7110)
boxes and is split up into different PIDs regarding their order
of importance for the UI. On one PID we have a DSM-CC object caroussel
and one PID is the neccessary AIT.

The full version of the Hoerzu EPG will be cut off to a limited promo
version about end of february. After that the full version will be
available only to paying customers. These can be cable operators, STB vendors
or maybe even FTA endusers.

After having our management people convinced of the importance of the
open source DVB projects as potentential paying customers I would like
to hear your opinon how to support projects like VDR and on the other
hand protecting the commercial interests of the content producer (Hoerzu).
They expect a yearly fee of 15-20 Euro for the full EPG.

You are welcome to develop a VDR project displaying the Hoerzu content
and use it for PVR programming. We are working on a C/C++ class for
inreading of our sections and preparing the data to be read by the UI.
It is based on the linuxtv API.

See also http://www.gist.de/news_regelbetrieb.htm (german pressrelease)

and contact me for any technical questions.

Frank Rosengart
Technical Director

--
Gist Communications Europe GmbH