[vdr] Re: plughw:0,0, No such device

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Hazem Hamed wrote:

>>"Hazem Hamed" <hazemhamed@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > this is my sound card according to lspcidrake
>> >
>> > es1371          : Ensoniq|CT5880 [MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO]
>> >

>>What does "lsmod" say?
>>Maybe you use OSS sound drivers and not alsa ones.
>
>here is lsmod output
>
>[hazem@localhost hazem]$ /sbin/lsmod | grep snd
>snd_pcm_oss            47716  0
>snd_pcm                80612  1 snd_pcm_oss
>snd_page_alloc          8804  1 snd_pcm
>snd_timer              21252  1 snd_pcm
>snd_mixer_oss          15712  1 snd_pcm_oss
>snd                    43332  4 snd_pcm_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mixer_oss
>soundcore               7008  3 snd,es1371,bttv
>
>yes it seems I use OSS not alsa

Those are ALSA modules all right. The "snd_mixer_oss" module is as far as
I know just a OSS compatibility module. Seems like a simple
configurational issue. Do other sound apps work? You might want to check
out #alsa on freenode or the ALSA homepage for hints.

--
  The trouble with being a god is that you've got no one to pray to.
                                        -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods