[vdr] Converting VDR recordings to DVD/MPEG? (again...)

I've been over the mailing list archives several times and been looking
for a straightforward solution to this 'problem'.  I have several vdr
recordings that I would like to watch on a regular DVD player.

Obviously I need to demux the recordings and then remux them back into
something that I can write to DVD.  I have played with tcdemux (part of
transcode), dvb-mplex, and replex all with less than satisfactory
results (video and audio were always out of sync).

What is everybody else using?  I would rather have a shell script to do
it that a vdr plugin/add-on (like vdr-transfron or vdrconvert).

Thanks in advance,

mike.