[vdr] Re: Audio/video sync problems

Hello,

On Friday 07 May 2004 19:48, Udo Wolter wrote:
> On Fri, 7 May 2004, Mike Frisch wrote:
> > Why does almost everything I record with vdr 1.2.6 have audio/video sync
> > problems?  I am using a Twinhan 1020 card on Fedora Core 2 test 3
> > (kernel 2.6.5-1.350) with the bundled DVB drivers.  I am using
> > vdrsync.pl (which uses transcode 0.6.12) to transcode the videos into
> > .mpg files.

The story is much more complicated: VDRsync demuxes and tries to sync the
Audio and Video Streams, and then calls tcmplex from the transcode package to
remux the single streams into a DVD compatible MPEG again. There is no
transcoding, just unpacking and then repacking. If you experience MPEGs that
are not properly synced, you have to check whether:

- this is a systematic desync (i.e. audio always 150 ms late), this has been
observed with different tcmplex versions before (but I am not aware of any
recent problem).

-or whether this is something unspecific, which means that the delay changes
during the movie (synchron at the beginning, an then a gap apears that grows
or similar). This is most likley a VDRsync issue, and I would like to get
some debug Logs, so that I can improve VDRsync

>>The satellite signal strength appears to be fine as I can
> > watch live video without dropouts or tiling.
> > Is it my computer, my DVB card, or my dish that's at fault here?

Just send more information, and of course you could also try ProjectX or
Pvastrumento to fix the problem, but please let me know if you solved your
problem (and how)

Cheers

Peter (Author of VDRsync)