[vdr] RAID0 resizing problem

Hi guys,
maybe some of you might help me with my RAID0 setup.

This might be somewaht OT, but since I the intended use of my RAID is to
store VDR recordings, it is somewhat on topic.

So far I had two 80GB drives in RAID0 (software raid), with two partitions
on each disk, 50GB + 30 GB.
The 50GB partitions were devoted to /video. Now, I'd like to erase the 30GB
partitions and fill the entire disks with only one partition, all to be
used by vdr.
The problem is that as soon as I remove the smaller partitions, the raid
won't start.

I've made a backup of the contents of the 30GB partitions --indeed, I moved
the data somewhere else--, but due to size constrains I could not make
a copy of the bigger ones. Hence, I need to keep all the data already on
them.

Some other info you might find handy is I'm using ReiserFS. I've
succesfully resized reiserfs partitions in the past with resize_reiserfs
and/or resizefs.reiserfs. Yet for them to work the partition must first
be recognized as a valid ReiserFS partition, which, in the case of the
second disk in the array, are not.

Also, someone might give suggestions on whether it is worth to have the
drives in RAID0, or I would better use each drive separately in
different /video dirs (video0, video1, ...). In this way, does vdr make
use of both (or more) drives simultaneously? In case it does, does it
happen when doing multiple recordings (one on each drive) or does it
also take place for a single recording, hence in some way doing what the
RAID0 does on its own?

Any help will be appreciated :))

--
Men have a much better time of it than women; for one thing they marry later;
for another thing they die earlier.

Javier Marcet <javier@marcet.info>