[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.6

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

Am Sonntag, 25. April 2004 12:23 schrieb Prakash K. Cheemplavam:

Hi,

I just tried to make a quick compilation fix for gcc3.4. I am not sure,
whether the fixes are right, so please take a look and then merge. It
compiles, but I have not done a test-run.
Here is another tested suggestion.
The first is a matter of taste - in their changelog however, the propose to
use "this->" for members of dependent base classes in dependent classes.

I have to admit that I don't quite understand where the problem is here.
Why doesn't

  T *l = (T *)First();

work any more? After all, there is no other item named "First" anywhere near.
What am I missing?

Klaus

As I am no coding expert, I just give the gcc error:

In file included from channels.h:13,
from channels.c:10:
config.h: In member function `bool cConfig<T>::Save()':
config.h:143: Fehler: there are no arguments to `First' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `First' must be available
config.h:143: Fehler: (if you use `-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
make: *** [channels.o] Fehler 1

Prakash